Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where Would I Be Without Music?


I realized I haven't blogged in 4 months and it has been around 2 or 3 months since I've made any videos.  I'm slowly falling off the face of the internet.  I cheated on Twitter with Facebook as a way to reconnect with people again after abandoning Facebook for a long time.  One friend even commented saying this was the most active they've seen me on FB haha.  Then recently a friend of mine that I met through YouTube messaged me on Twitter and it led us to reconnect on Facebook.  I guess I'm not good at keeping my social media life well balanced :P.  As I said when I first began this blog..."blogging is just so much easier", so if it is, I might as well do it!

So some of you might be wondering where I've been.  I'm kind of a weird one...I tend to disappear when something is going on in my life (either bad or good), just as a way to focus on the situation, or a way to escape, 'cause we all need to get some fresh air every once in a while.  I think I'm ready for an internet comeback though starting with this post :-).  

I wanted to dedicate this post to music that I love.  It helps me get through tough times, and it makes good days even better...you can often find me in my cubicle at work or in transit bopping my head to the music or trying to sing along haha.  I love hunting for new music, and when you do find that song you thought you only heard in your dreams - it's like falling in love for the first time...at least for me :P.  I love to share music, because I hope that people feel that same magical connection with a song too and it makes them just as happy.  I used to share a lot of music on Twitter and when I was reintroducing my face on Facebook I went and decided to share music...lots of music...I had a theme everyday.  Some of my favourite themes included: Memory Lane Monday, Whistling Wednesday, and Soundtrack Saturday...I also love alliteration.  Anyways without further ado some songs that made my heart melt and were stuck on repeat.


Flight Facilities - Crave You ft. Giselle: I was actually eating a popsicle on a hot summer day coming across this track.  It's cute, fun and addicting. 


Memoryhouse - Foreground: This is actually a cover by Memoryhouse.  The original is by Grizzly Bear.  I love how hauntingly chill this sounds.  


Neon Indian - Polish Girl:  I feel like I'm on a space adventure where there are dance parties and smoke machines.  This one just brings a smile to my face.


Hammock - Tristia:  Sometimes songs are better without lyrics.  If there were words I think it would say "Things will get better.  We're in it together."  Cheesy I know...but give it a listen and see for yourself.


Goldfrapp - It's Not Over Yet:  Sad and beautiful cover by Goldfrapp.  I like all the instruments and the emotion in the vocals. 


Lana Del Rey - Video Games:  An old Hollywood star reincarnated in this 25 year old beauty by the stage name of Lana Del Rey.  Love her voice, love her songs.  How perfect this song is called video games...


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment